Sunday, February 23, 2014

Thank you!

As you have probably heard, I have resigned my position as principal of LCHS effective at the end of the 2013-2014 school year.  Having been at LCHS for 16 years, this was certainly not an easy decision, but I feel it is time for me to explore other opportunities.

I can't thank everyone enough for their support over the last 3 years.  To say that the LCHS community has been through some challenging times recently would be an understatement.  I will never forget how the LCHS community - the faculty, staff, students, parents, and community members - rose to the occasion and came together to meet these challenges.  I will always be proud of what we accomplished.

While I will be leaving at the end of the year, the school year isn't over and we still have work to do at LCHS.  Our teachers are working to adjust curriculum because of the inclement weather days and we continue to provide the best education to our students.  Our spring sports are getting ready to begin and our student-athletes are ready to represent LCHS.  And, our Fine Arts students are working to get ready for the annual Arts Festival and for the spring production of "Legally Blonde".  As you can see, we have many events happening at LCHS over the next few months.  Please come out and support our students in their many endeavors. 
As always, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  I can be reached at 540-894-5436 or at smithte@lcps.k12.va.us